A Letter from the Director
March proved to be a very exciting month at Little Ones. The month was devoted to Community Helpers. We enjoyed visits from a flight attendant, a dentist, a vet, and a doctor. The children had the opportunity to learn about flying, taking care of their teeth, taking care of animals and taking good care of themselves.
April will be full of more wonderful activities. We will be moving into our units of spring, celebrating differences, earth week and recycling. Our Celebrating Differences unit will culminate with our Hop-a-thons April 25th and 26th. Our celebrating differences unit is a great opportunity for the children to learn how we are all the same and yet how each of us is different. It is very important for us as adults to surround children at an early age with an environment that teaches children to respect each other and respect differences. We will also be incorporating real caterpillars into the classroom in order for the children to experience their change into butterflies. We will culminate that unit with the classes releasing the butterflies in the playground so that they can be free. Also NAEYC’s Week of the Young Child is the week of April 14th, and what better way to celebrate our children through all of the wonderful activities that we do each and every day at Little Ones.
We are looking forward to a great month!
1) Our Hop-A Thon’s are Thursday and Friday, April 25th and 26th. Please help us to teach our children to help those less fortunate than them by supporting our hop-a-thons.
2) Parent Teacher Conferences are April 18th and 19th. There are no regular preschool classes on those days.
3) NAEYC’s Week of the Young Child is the week of April 14th. We will be acknowledging our work with young children just like we do each and every day.
1) A special thank-you to Allison Christensen for coming in to talk about being a flight attendant.
2) A special thank-you to Randy Barr for becoming the Dentist and teaching the children about good dental health. A special thank-you to Sandy Barr, Randy’s husband, for donating toothbrushes for every child to take home.
3) A special thank-you to Dr. David Cohen and for coming in to talk to about being a vet and how to take care of animals.
4) A special thank-you to Dr. Brian Edelstein, Dr. Maribeth December and Dr. Abe Kaplan for coming in to talk about being a doctor and how to take good care of their bodies.
Congratulations to the Helfand family on the birth of their new baby boy, Jonah Eli, on March 15th.
Congratulations to Karen Alpert who had one of her essays published in a book called I Just Want to Pee Alone. This is a book of 37 essays about the challenges, frustration and humor of raising kids.