December is a month that we at Little Ones happily look forward to. In this busy month, we enjoy talking about all of the holidays that our Little Ones celebrate. We talk about families, friends, love, giving and sharing. We are lucky to have families from a variety of different cultures/religions who celebrate different holidays. It is so wonderful for us to be able to share our holiday traditions and to learn and appreciate our likenesses and differences. It is also nice for us to talk to the children about giving to other families who don’t have as much as we do. The Giving Tree project is a wonderful opportunity for the children to really experience this. The children will also be practicing for our holiday program. Please refer to your December calendar for the time of your child’s party. Please don’t put any pressure on your child to perform. It is not unusual for preschool children to become anxious about performing in front of people, and that is okay. If your child expresses any anxiety about performing, please reassure him/her that s/he doesn’t have to perform. You may find that without any added pressure that your child may change his/her mind. If not, that is okay. It is fine for your child to sit with you and enjoy the holiday program. All of us at Little Ones wish you and your family a very Happy and Healthy Holiday season! Love, Sheree
(1) Make sure that your child’s extra clothes are complete and that they are appropriate for the weather. With the weather getting colder, it is imperative your children have adequate clothing for the weather conditions.
(2) Please do not park behind the church, and make sure that anyone who transports your child to and/or from school knows that. There should be plenty of parking spaces behind our building and behind the playground for us to park so that we leave the church spots open for their patrons.
(3) Please make sure that you send your child to school with outdoor clothing that includes a warm coat, hat, mittens (not gloves), and snow pants and boots when necessary. A plastic bag for wet boots would also be appreciated. Make sure that all clothing is clearly marked. We do go outside everyday, unless the temperature is below 25 degrees. If your child cannot go outside, please keep him/her at home, until s/he is able to participate in all of the school activities.
(4) Please make sure that you arrive at school on time for drop-off and pick-up.
(5) Be on the lookout for the “Star Traditions” note-another family homework project that will allow your child to share a family tradition with his/her classmates.
(6) Be on the lookout for the Giving Box notes and help us make sure that needy families celebrate the holidays.
(7) Refer to your calendar for the times of the upcoming Holiday Programs.
(8) Winter break will run from Monday, December 24th through Friday, January 4th. Classes at Little Ones will resume on Monday, January 7, 2013.