Due to our children with severe nut allergies, we ask that you make sure to use a clean bowl and utensils and that you do not use peanut oil! Thank-you in advance for helping keep our children safe!
We need your support in making playdough this year. Making playdough is a fun and easy cooking project that you can do with your child at home. S/he will be so proud to bring in his/her playdough to present to the teacher and class. Let your child help you with measuring, pouring, mixing. This activity will give your child the opportunity to use his/her math and science skills and will give you the opportunity to teach him/her about safety around hot liquids.
Please sign up with your child’s teacher(s)!!
|4 cups of flour||4 tablespoons vegetable oil*|
|1 cup salt||4 tablespoons cream of tartar|
|3 cups boiling water||gel food coloring & glycerine|
- Mix together flour, salt, cream of tartar and vegetable oil in large bowl.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring to the boiling water. Then add the boiling water mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough.
- Add a couple of drops of glycerine (optional).
- Allow it to cool down and then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness is gone. This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it is the perfect consistency.
- If it remains sticky, then add a touch more flour until just right.
- Store in an airtight container.
* Do not use peanut oil due to peanut allergies.